Wedding Dress Cleaning and Preservation
Wedding gown preservation is among our most popular services. As one of Charlotte’s largest wedding dress cleaning and preservation providers, we’ve served hundreds of brides.
Contact us today to ask about cleaning your wedding dress or visit one of our retail locations.
Wedding Gown Preservation Tips
- Avoid storing your wedding gown in a plastic bag. Plastic can trap moisture that leads to mildew. Plastic also emits vapors that can yellow or stain your dress.
- Fold or roll your wedding gown, rather than hanging it. Prolonged hanging can stretch and distort the fabric.
- Clean your wedding dress before storing it. Undetectable stains can deepen over time. Small, hard-to-see food particles can attract pests that will destroy your gown.
- Ask your cleaner to let you inspect your wedding gown after it has been cleaned and before it’s put into a storage container.
- Store your wedding gown in an acid-free wedding dress storage chest lined with fabric or acid-free tissue.
- Avoid storing your bridal gown in the attic or basement. Extreme temperature and humidity changes can damage your gown, and pests often make these areas their home.